In today’s podcast, we discuss cryonics, a topic we only recently became interested in. After a general overview of what cryonics is and where it comes from, we try to determine whether or not cryonics is a service we would sign up for. The rational arguments in favor of cryonics seem to be very strong, and the cost of cryonics, while significant, is not so high as to be out of reach. However, we do still have some reservations. For now we remain “cryo-curious” – sympathetic to the technology but not yet signed up. Hopefully this episode will trigger our listeners to begin their own thought process regarding this fascinating proposition.
- Robin Hanson argues for cryonics
- Eliezer Yudkowsky argues for cryonics
- Alcor Life Extension Foundation
- The Cryonics Institute
- Suspended Animation, Inc
- The Brain Preservation Foundation
- The Scientists’ Open Letter on Cryonics