In today’s podcast we get philosophical about work and the meaning of life. Repeat guest John Danaher steers us away from the traditional arguments surrounding technological unemployment and towards a different set of questions: Is it possible for humans to have a meaningful existence in a world where they’ve been completely sidelined by machines? Is a life of game playing and pursuing beauty the best outcome we can hope for? Or is integrating with our technology a possible defense against future irrelevance?
Relevant Links and Related Episodes
- John Danaher on Technological Unemployment and the Value of Work
- John Danaher on The Philosophy of Games and the Postwork Utopia
- RTF 054: Martin Ford on Are We Headng for a Jobless Future?
- RTF 011: Review of The Second Machine Age
- RTF 060: Scott Santens on Is Basic Income Part of Our Future and Should it Be?