We ask “Is privacy coming to an end, and if so, what does that mean exactly?” We examine progress in the areas of always-on surveillance and lifelogging, facial recognition, and other technologies that are eroding traditional spheres of privacy. Might this lead to tyranny or to greater tolerance? Is a transparent, sousveillance society that watches back the answer?
- Decline of Scarcity Article: Start Preparing Yourself Now For the End of Privacy
- Decline of Scarcity Article: Why Privacy and Freedom Can Sometimes Be Opposed
- Stop the Cyborgs (Anti Google Glass Site)
- David Brin’s Transparent Society
- Steve Mann, coiner of the term “Sousveillance”
- Alex Tabarrok on why No One is Innocent, and Jon’s response