In this episode, we review the new documentary THE IMMORTALISTS, which is out in New York and opens December 11 in Los Angeles. The film covers the efforts toward radical life extension of two prominent figures, Aubrey de Grey and Bill Andrews. We discuss the quality of the representation in the film, of both the science behind radical life extension and the people who are the film’s subjects. We decide this movie might not have a lot of new information for those who are already interested, but will introduce the concept of radical life extension to the uninitiated more fairly than most of what’s come before. We have some criticisms, but overall it’s a positive review: Proponents of life extension should welcome this film into the cultural dialogue.
- Article: Partial reversal of aging achieved in mice
- SENS: A Reimagined Research Strategy for Aging
- Sierra Sciences
- Video: Dr Bill Andrews Explains Product B
- Michael Fossel on Singularity 1 on 1: Compassion is the reason to reverse aging!
- Review the Future Episode 015: What Would be the Cultural Impacts of Increased Longevity?
- The Immortalists movie website (with showtimes)