Everyone knows by now that self driving cars are coming soon. Somewhere in the next 3-20 years, the human driver will become a thing of the past. What will happen when these capabilities come online? We talk through the obvious and not so obvious consequences of self driving car technology, from unemployment of taxi drivers to reclaiming parking spaces from idle vehicles — and ultimately theorize that the ownership model will change drastically.
- Sebatian Thrun’s TED talk about driverless cars
- The Insurance Implications of Google’s Self-Driving Car
- Dispatch From The Future: Uber To Purchase 2,500 Driverless Cars From Google
- How Technology Wrecks the Middle Class
- How self-driving cars will change cities
- Amazon’s drone delivery: How would it work?