We’d all like to live in a better future, and for ages men have imagined what a theoretical best future might be like. What would a utopian society truly look like? Does the answer lie in external approaches like abundance, decentralization and transparency, or internal approaches like drugs, wireheading and genetic engineering? Is it even possible to formulate a Theory of Fun for human beings, that would define the contours of a world that could exist in perfect equilibrium where the people living in that world never die or get bored?
- Wikipedia entry on Sir Thomas More’s Utopia
- Peter Diamandis’s website
- The Hedonistic Imperative
- Wikipedia entry on David Pearce
- LessWrong article on Wireheading
- LessWrong article, the Fun Theory Sequence